It is one of the most Historical Municipalities of Greece, Marathon. It became known by the homonymous battle that took place in September 490 BC between the Athenians and the Persians. We will start our Half Day Tour from the Marathon Lake. It is an artificial lake made in order to collect water to be used for the water supply of Athens. Time for photos will be provided. The Museum of the Marathon Race is our next stop. A gold medal has been awarded to the Museum, as a Model Sports Museum. All the Marathon racersmedals are kept in here, as well as that of the Olympic Winner “Spyros Louis”. Afterwards, we will visit the Archaeological Museum of Marathon, where you will admire findings from the Neolithic to the late Roman period. Next stop is the Marathon Tomb,also known as the Tomb of the Athenians; the burial mound is the final resting place of 192 soldiers who died in the Battle of Marathon. Free time for swimming in Schinias Beach.
- Marathon Dam
- Marathon Tomb
- Schinias Beach
- Museum of the Marathon Race
- Archaeological Museum of Marathon
THE RATES INCLUDE:
- The transfer of the participants in luxury air-conditioned vehicle.
- Experienced Professional English-Speaking Drivers.
- Insurance for the participants and professional liability.
- One (1) bottle of mineral water (500ml) per person.
- Free WiFi on board.
- Parking fees.
THE RATES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Tickets for museums, historical monuments, sites etc.
- Tips for the Drivers and the Guides.
- Meals, Drinks etc.
- Any service not mentioned in our included items.
- Certificated English-Speaking Guide (during the tour or on the spot).
- Call us at +306947320678 for last minute modifications.
- Our staff will wait for you at the airports/ports/hotels, holding a sign with your name.
- Even in case of your flight/boat delay our staff will still be expecting you.
- A map of Athens will be provided to you.
- We will help you with your luggage and offer you any other information/service you may need.
- We ensure confidential handling of all your personal data we receive.